Thursday 1 December 2016

I introduce you to me...

   Good afternoon folks! I created this blog so I can get famous. Just kidding. Though, I do feel I am destined for fame and fortune someday 😆. But maybe not today. Today, I am going to tell you almost everything you need to know about me and what inspired me to start writing. Well truth is, I've been writing since I was a young child but now I feel my writing has a purpose. That purpose is to make you laugh, cry, and say "Damn, is she stalking me? Because that's basically my story in a nutshell." Even if it's not, I hope to help you gain a better understanding of your life with Attention Deficit, learning disabilities, and mental health issues. Anyway, this particular post is about me aside from my ADHD.
   I am a 28 year old woman, born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Two years ago, I went to Nova Scotia Community College and took Community Disability Supports. As of today, I have been in the human services field for a year and a half. I love it. It is a really great job, but like I said, fame and fortune, while simultaneously helping people become more self aware, and gain a better understanding of their challenges associated with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. 
   I have a great boyfriend of nearly 4 years (February is our 4 year anniversary) YAY!!, a really nice apartment, a car, a great circle of friends, and a wonderful relationship with most of my family. This is the part where I say "I have it made". I do admit, I am very successful. I have a great life, a good heart, and I don't want for anything. (Except fame and fortune, but hey, who doesn't? LOL).
   I was inspired to write because I feel that I can use my talents, and the skills I have acquired over the years to motivate and inspire others when it feels like all hope is lost. I want to have my own business in public speaking about attention deficit, bullying, and mental health. Public speaking is a talent and confidence I have developed over the years. I use to leave the classroom in tears when doing class presentations.
   You're probably wondering why I haven't really mentioned myself and ADHD or any of the issues I claim to speak about. Well, that's for my next post. I will tell my story of how I went from completely denying the existence of ADHD to not only accepting it, but using it and the superpowers it offers to become successful, and encouraging others to just keep swimming, and how they too, can be become wannabe millionaires. 😝 Just keep swimming folks!

Signed,

Your neighbourhood Shiny



No comments:

Post a Comment